Home    Arcade    Help    Login    Register  
October 20, 2014, 06:45:57 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 06:45:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search
Google
Recent Topics
[July 15, 2013, 03:51:35 AM]

[July 15, 2013, 03:50:46 AM]

[July 15, 2013, 01:57:05 AM]

[July 15, 2013, 01:36:13 AM]

[July 15, 2013, 01:30:14 AM]

[June 08, 2013, 06:49:43 AM]

[May 28, 2013, 03:18:08 AM]

[May 12, 2013, 01:27:57 AM]

[May 10, 2013, 01:10:56 PM]

[May 10, 2013, 01:06:38 PM]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: short stories of the sahabah (r.a.d)  (Read 5729 times)
Pukhtun*

« on: September 14, 2004, 06:13:07 PM »

Abu Dujana: What do you think of that? I am Abu Dujana
During the confusion caused by the archers' mistake of abandoning their post at the battle of Uhud, many Sahaba were martyred.
So Quraish started to mutilate their bodies to appease their pride over their defeat at Badr. Ka'ab bin Masaid, "I was one of those Muslims who fought in Uhud and witnessed the Kuffar's act of barbarity in mutilating the dead bodies, but I left this sight because I couldn't stand it. Then I saw an armed stout mushrik pass through the Muslims and say, 'Gather them up like sheep are gathered and slaughtered!'..
Similarly I saw an armed Muslim waiting for him. I walked towards them till I stood behind him (the Muslim). Comparing both of them, I considered that the Kafir was superior to the other in arms and size. I kept on watching them while they engaged in man-to-man combat. The Muslim raised his sword up and swung it down hard on the Kafir, so forcefully that the blade went down his hip and split him in half. When the Muslim unveiled his face, he looked at me and said, "What do you think of that, Ka'ab? I am Abu Dujana."                                                                                                                      taken from www.sahaba.net
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:05:59 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 04:15:04 PM »

One Friday, while leading the congregational (Juma'a) prayer in the Great Mosque at Medina, Umar Bin Al Khattab suddenly started shouting "To the hill Sariya! To the hill!!" Those who were in the mosque with Umar asked him what the matter was..
Umar explained that a group of enemies was about to attack the Muslims --led by a man whose name was Sariya-- during one of their expeditions in Persia. Foreseeing the danger he wanted to warn Sariya to rush back to the hill where he and his men would be safe and win the battle.
Several weeks after the incident, a messenger from the battle field brought the news of the Muslim's victory. He also related how the voice of the Caliph had warned them in time. By that miracle, Sariya had heard Omar's warning and led his men to the hill to a position of safety where they had easily defeated the enemy .
In this incident, we see that by the Grace of Allah (swt), Umar has a vision that shows him the army in danger hence shouting his directions to the leader who by the Grace of Allah (swt) heard this shout hundreds of miles away and acted upon it
Source:Al-Isabah by Ibn Hajar
                taken from www.sahaba.net
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:06:17 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 04:23:14 PM »

Once Abu-d Darda' passed a group of people crowding around a man. They began insulting and beating the man. He came up to them and said: "What's the matter?" "This is a man who has committed a grave sin," they replied. "What do you think you would do if he had fallen into a well?" asked Abu-d Dardaa. "Wouldn't you try to get him out?" "Certainly," they said. "Don't insult him and don't beat him. Instead admonish him and make him aware of the consequences of what he had done. Then give praise to God Who has preserved you from falling into such a sin." "Don't you hate him?" they asked Abu-d Dardaa. "I only detest what he had done and if he abandons such practice, he is my brother." The man began to cry and publicly announced his repentance.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:06:33 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 04:25:32 PM »

A momentous situation in which we meet Mus'ab aws during the battle of Badr. After the battle was over, the Quraysh prisoners of war were brought to the prophet who assigned them to the custody of individual muslims."Treat them well," he instructed.Among the prisoners was Abu Aziz ubn Umayr, the brother of Mus'ab. Abu Aziz related what happened:"I was among a group of Ansar... Whenever they had lunch or dinner they would give me bread and dates to eat in obedience to the Prophet's instructions to them to treat us well.
"My brother Mus'ab ibn 'Umayr, passed by me and said to the man from the Ansar who was holding me prisoner:
'Tie him firmly... His mother is a woman of great wealth and maybe she would ransom him for you." Abu Aziz could not believe his ears. Astonished, he turned to Mus'ab and asked:
"My brother, is this your instruction concerning me?"
"He is my brother, not you," replied Mus'ab thus affirming that in battle between iman anf kufr, the bonds of faith were stronger than the ties of kinship.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:06:48 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 04:30:36 PM »

One day, Umar ibn al-Khattab declared in public:
"Anyone who pays more for their dowry than what the Prophet [peace be upon him] used to pay, will put the excess amount in the Public Treasury." A woman from the Quraish came to him and said: "O commander of the Believers, which have more right to be followed, the Book of Allah [the Qur'an]or your statement?"
He answered: "The Book of Allah." So she told him, "You have just prohibited the people from giving the excess amount from the dowry, but Allah Taalah has revealed in His Book: "And if you have given them a geat amount of gold as dower, take not the least bit of it back." [4:20]?" ... Therefore Umar said a few times: "The Woman is correct and Umar is mistaken." He addresses people again, and said: "Verily a man may do whatever he sees fit with his wealth." [Reported broken chain of narration of Abu Bakr al-Baihaqi, Sunan al Kubra, Beirut, Dar al-Fikr, nd., vol 7, p 233]                taken from www.sahaba.net
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:08:23 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 05:44:37 AM »

The Prophet (pbuh) used to joke with the small child of one of the Sahaba, a boy called Abu 'Umayr, who had a small bird he used to play with. One day he saw the child looking sad, so he said, "Why do I see Abu 'Umayr looking sad?" The Sahaba told him, "The nughar [a small bird, like a sparrow] which he used to play with has died, O Messenger of Allah"..
The Prophet (pbuh) began to gently joke with the child, saying, "O Abu Umayr, what happened to the nughayr?" [Nughayr: diminutive of nughar. In Arabic, this is a play on words, because of the rhyme between the boy's name and that of the bird].

Source: This story was reported in Hayat al-Sahabah, 3/149.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:08:48 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 05:51:59 AM »

Umar once entered Prophet Muhammad's house and noticed the state of the furnishings in it. Muhammad himself had only one sheet of cloth round him to cover the lower part of his body. There was one simple bed with one pillow filled with nut fiber. On one side of the room was some barley and in one corner near his feet was an animal skin. There were some water-skins hanging beside his bed. `Umar said that on seeing this tears came into his eyes. Allah's Messenger asked the reason for his tears. He replied..
"O Allah's Messenger! Why shouldn't I cry! The strings of the bed have left marks on your body. This is a small room with all your furniture, I can see what there is. The Byzantine Emperor and the Persian Emperor enjoy luxurious living while you, the Messenger of Allah and the Chosen One, live like this."
He said, "Ibn al-Khattab! Don't you like that they choose this world and we choose the Hereafter?"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:09:11 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2004, 05:56:15 AM »

After an illness of two weeks, Abu Bakr passed away. He was sixty-three at the time. He was buried by the side of the Holy Prophet.Before his death he said, "Do not use new cloth to cover my dead body. The sheet of cloth I have on will do for me. Wash it clean". "But this is too old and worn, father," said his daughter Aisha. "This old and worn sheet will do for me," he replied..
This parting wish was acted upon. The second wish of the dying Caliphs was, "Sell my land and pay back in the public treasury all the money I got as my salary". This was also done. Before he became the Caliph, Abu Bakr was a well-to-day merchant. The affairs of the Caliphate left him no time to look after his own business. The matter was put before the Companions. They allowed the Caliph a salary of six thousand dirhams a year. All this money was paid back to the Bait-ul-Mal (the Public Treasury) after the Caliph's death.Thus Abu Bakr, the first Caliph, left behind a noble example of selfless service. He lived and worked for Islam to the last breath. And for his tireless labors, he sought no worldly reward
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:09:39 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2004, 06:00:02 AM »

While Abu-d Dardaa was in Damascus, Muawiyah ibn Abi Sufyan, its governor, asked him to give his daughter in marriage to his (Muawiyah's) son, Yazid. Abu-d Dardaa did not agree. Instead he gave his daughter in marriage to a young man from among the poor whose character and attachment to Islam pleased him. People heard about this and began talking and asking: Why did Abu-d Dardaa refuse to let his daughter marry Yazid? The question was put to Abu-d Dardaa himself and he said: "I have only sought to do wh at is good for ad-Dardaa." That was his daughter's name. "How?" enquired the person.
"What would you think of ad-Dardaa if servants were to stand in her presence serving her and if she were to find herself in palaces the glamour of which dazzled the eyes? What would become of her religion then?"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:10:04 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2004, 06:43:09 PM »

It was narrated by Muhammed Ibn Ja'afar
A group of Christians came to the Prophet (pbuh) and said:
"O Abu Al Qasem, send with us one of your Companions that you trust the most to judge between us in certain financial issues we have not agreed upon. For you Arabs are revered in our community."
The Prophet (pbuh) said: "Come to me tomorrow. I shall send with you the strongest and most honest."..
Umar Ibn Al Khattab said:
"So i went to Dhuhur prayer early hoping that I would be the one the Prophet was talking so greatly of.
When the Prophet (pbuh) had finished praying, he started searching around right and left. I tried to stand out a little so that he would notice me, but he still kept looking around, searching. Until his eyes found Abu 'Obaidah Ibn Al Jarrah and called him over. The Prophet (pbuh) said:
"Go with the Christians and judge between them righteously in what they disagree upon."
Umar Ibn Al Khattab said: "Abu 'Obaidah has won this honor."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:10:33 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2004, 06:55:12 PM »

A wonderful story which made the Prophet pbuh laugh, is the report given by Imam Ahmad from Umm. Salamah. Abu Bakr went to do business in Basra, and with him were Nu'ayman and Suwaybit ibn Harmalah, both of whom had been present at Badr. Suwaybit was in charge of food on the journey, and Nu'ayman said to him, "Feed me!" Suwaybit said, "Not until Abu Bakr (radhiallahu `anhu) comes." Nu'ayman was a fun-loving man with a sense of humour, so he went to some people who had brought livestock with them, and said, "Will you buy a sturdy Arab slave from me?" They said, "Yes." He said, "He has a big mouth, and he may tell you that he is a free man. If that means that you do not want to take him, then forget the matter, and do not cause trouble for me with him"..
They said, "No problem, we will buy him." So they bought him for ten young she-camels. Nu'ayman brought the animals back, and told the people: "There he is!" Suwaybit said: "I am a free man!" They said, "He has already told us all about you," and put a rope around his neck and led him away. Then Abu Bakr came, and was told what had happened. He and his companions went and returned the animals and took Suwaybit back. They told the Prophet pbuh what had happened, and he and his Sahaba would laugh about the story for a year afterwards.                                                                                                         taken from www.sahaba.net
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:11:03 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Yousafzai98

Be Loved..

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 04:03:20 AM »

One Friday, while leading the congregational (Juma'a) prayer in the Great Mosque at Medina, Umar Bin Al Khattab suddenly started shouting "To the hill Sariya! To the hill!!" Those who were in the mosque with Umar asked him what the matter was..
Umar explained that a group of enemies was about to attack the Muslims --led by a man whose name was Sariya-- during one of their expeditions in Persia. Foreseeing the danger he wanted to warn Sariya to rush back to the hill where he and his men would be safe and win the battle.
Several weeks after the incident, a messenger from the battle field brought the news of the Muslim's victory. He also related how the voice of the Caliph had warned them in time. By that miracle, Sariya had heard Omar's warning and led his men to the hill to a position of safety where they had easily defeated the enemy .
In this incident, we see that by the Grace of Allah (swt), Umar has a vision that shows him the army in danger hence shouting his directions to the leader who by the Grace of Allah (swt) heard this shout hundreds of miles away and acted upon it

Salam nekpehkel sorry if i spelled ur name not correctly , what does ur nick  nekpehkhel means?

Hmmm to read ur posts i got to know that you pasted ahadiths from some where else , but it doesn,t matter actually the problem is that your posts are collided  with each other .one of ur post says that

Quote from: nikpehkhel
link=board=6;threadid=1193;start=0#msg12198 date=1095198424
BARELWIYAT

Originating in the Indian Subcontinent, the belief and practices of this sect are founded upon superstition, folklore and many innovatory practices. It is a sad fact that the masses of ignorant Muslims do not know the real meaning of ‘Ibaadah (worship); they address their worship (unknowingly) to other than Allah, thereby committing a kind of shirk (associating partners with Allah), which would drive a person right out of Islam. They turn in awe and submission to the graves of Prophets and Righteous people, Invoking them, seeking their help, making vows and offering sacrifices to them. Having realised with great dismay that forms of greater shirk (polytheism) are rife throughout the Muslim World, we have made this page in the hope that it will guide those who have gone astray and bring them out of the darkness of shirk into the light of True Islam.

u said that seeking help from some one is shirk . while in other post u mentioned that Umar ibn Khitab knows the situation of the battle and it was miles away .so it  means he had the Knowledge of Unseen(Ilmi Ghaib)
                 These two ideas are collided with each other if you see.

any way i am not Criticizing you but just the way you write .

so try to be specific and to the point . i am sure u will understand what i say.
                                                               Yousafzai

If today was perfect there would be no need for tommorow .
Pukhtun*

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2004, 05:46:15 PM »

yes bro i have spelt nikpehkhel in my own way,its realy nikpikhel,well you know that this side of the swat river is babozi and the other side is nikpikhel towards kabal and further up,brother every one knows about umar (rad) and the incident you mention,he didnt have ilm of ghaib but he got was is called kashf,which is that Allah showed him a vision. and if you read carefully it doesnt say seeking help from anyone is shirk it says "they address their worship(ibadath)unknowingly to other than Allah,thereby comitting a kind of shirk.but any way Allhamdollillah most pathans are not mushrik,youl find that sort of stuff in punjab alot, anyway i would ask my good freind who is our imam and a mufthi to watch over my posts,wasalaam u alaikum.  
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 06:36:32 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Yousafzai98

Be Loved..

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2004, 05:07:36 AM »

yes bro i have spelt nikpehkhel in my own way,its realy nikpikhel,well you know that this side of the swat river is babozi and the other side is nikpikhel towards kabal and further up,brother every one knows about umar (rad) and the incident you mention,he didnt have ilm of ghaib but he got was is called kashf,which is that Allah showed him a vision. and if you read carefully it doesnt say seeking help from anyone is shirk it says "they address their worship(ibadath)unknowingly to other than Allah,thereby comitting a kind of shirk.but any way Allhamdollillah most pathans are not mushrik,youl find that sort of stuff in punjab alot, anyway i would ask my good freind who is our imam and a mufthi to watch over my posts,wasalaam u alaikum.  

Salam nikpikhela Mufti sab

You didnot understand what i m saying .You just keep on posting
there are many sects in Islam nowadays , and you should know about them and what they belive But to be honest i dont belive in sects. and you said who is our Imam .So simple is that our Imam is Abu Hanifa .and dont know about yours ,May be you are Shafi or some one else.
The first one as you have mentioned in one of ur post is BRAILVI.
    Brailvi belive that you could seek help from some one Besides ALlah , Like you could seek help from a human being aslo .and they aslo belive in ILMI GHAIB ,They say that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) had Ilmi Ghaib (The knowlege of Unsean ).and they belive that  many other People Like Sahaba Had Ilmi Ghaib .
 On the Other hand DEWBANDI belive that no one  should seek for help except Allah and no one has Ilimi Ghaib ,But only Allah .

DEWBANDI say that seek help from a human except ALlah is shirk . But  the BRAILVI hazarat say that Even EISA called his nation for help  and this is not a shirk .

But being a muslim idont bvelive in sects and other superstitions
       but you didnot try to understand me aw pa ma pase mo tora rawaghasta .
                            You will understand now i think .
                                                         Yousafzai
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 05:11:48 AM by Yousafzai98 » Logged

If today was perfect there would be no need for tommorow .
Pukhtun*

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2004, 03:45:21 PM »

salaam,rora pe tha pesi ba wali thura ra akhlem,ze ham 4 imaman manam,aw biya pe dew ki  ze ham imam abu hanifa follow koam, se leg pohashwam che the se wae,khu ma ghalti ne da kari,thaso de khpal deobandi alim ya mufthi na thapoas waka,de dae waqia pe baraki,che  rasulullah (saw) tha de gaibo patha ne wa ne biya ichaatha de ghaibo patha ne wi,khu da waqiya che ushwa ne padeki de hazrath umar(rad) se khpal kamal ne wo,srif de Allah de tharapa yaw zal wartha khkarashew wo.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 04:34:28 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 04:33:34 PM »

At the Battle of Uhud, Mus'ab realized the great danger facing the Prophet PBUH. He raised the standard high and shouted the takbir. With the standard in one hand and his sword in the other, he plunged into the Quraysh forces. The odds were against him. He was suddenly surrounded by enemy forces. A Quraysh horseman moved in close and cut off his right hand. Mus'ab was heard to repeat the words:
"Muhammad is only a Messenger. Messengers have passed away before him," showing that however great his attachment was to the prophet himself, his struggle above all was for the sake of God and for making His word supreme. His left hand was severed also and as he held the standard between the stumps of his arms, to console himself he repeated: "Muhammad is only a Messenger of God. Messengers have passed away before him." Mus'ab was then hit by a spear. He fell and the standard fell. The words he repeated, everytime he was struck were later revealed to the Prophet and completed, and became part of the Quran.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:11:43 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2004, 04:38:20 PM »

Companions of the Prophet, pbuh, migrated to Madinah secretly, while Umar - when he was migrating - armed himself with his sword, went to the Ka'bah, made a Tawaaf, prayed behind Maqaam Ibraheem, and then announced to the Quraysh chiefs that he was migrating. He told them,

‘Whoever wants to make his mother bereaved, his children orphans and his wife a widow should follow me after this valley.’
Nobody followed him.                                                                                                                              taken from www.sahaba.net
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:02:38 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2004, 02:02:02 PM »

There was once an orphan who had a very small orchard next to a very rich man’s orchard. He wanted to build a fence to separate the two orchards. But there was a single palm tree that was in the way of making the fence. So he asked his neighbor to give him the palm tree to build a straight fence. His neighbor refused no matter how much he begged. So he went to the prophet pbuh to help resolve his problem. The prophet called his neighbor forth and asked him to give the orphan the tree. But he refused 3 times. Then the prophet told him if you give it to him, Allah will grant u a tree in heaven. He still refused. So Abu Al Dahdah heard what the prophet pbuh had said. He asked the prophet, “If I buy this tree from the man and give it to the orphan will I get a tree in heaven?”..

the prophet pbuh said “yes.” Abu Al Dahdah thought hard what could I give this man to motivate him to sell me this single palm tree. He thought to himself that he owns the largest orchard in Madina with the sweetest fruit. Not a single person in Madina would not wish he had owned it. He told the man I would give u my orchard of 600-palm trees, a well, and house for your tree. The man agreed in a heartbeat knowing this was an orchard only one would dream of owning. He then looked at the orphan and told him the tree was his so he could build his fence. The prophet pbuh kept repeating how much blessing and wonderful fruit Abu Al Dahdah had in the heavens above. Abu Al Dahdah went to call his wife and children. He told his wife that he sold the orchard to Allah. So she told her husband this is the greatest bargain you have ever made. She gathered her children, checking their pockets for any fruit they may have taken, so she could return it. She even took a date from her child’s hand and put it back. They left their lavish home, their orchard, their well, and lived a life of poverty all for a palm tree in heaven.                                                                                                                             taken from www.sahaba.net
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:03:04 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2004, 03:12:48 PM »

Narrated by Imam Ahmed
Abu Talha was the wealthiest Ansari in Medinah. His most precious possession was a very beautiful garden called “Bayrahaa’” that faced the masjid. The Prophet (pbuh) used to always drink from a spring of cool clear water in the garden..
When the Qur'anic verse
By no means shall ye
Attain righteousness unless
Ye give (freely) of that
Which ye love: and whatever
Ye give,
Allah knoweth it well.
Āl Imrān, 92.
was revealed, Abu Talha went to the Prophet (pbuh) and said:
“O Prophet! Allah (swt) says ‘By no means shall ye attain righteousness unless ye give (freely) of that which ye love,’ and my most loved possession is “Bayrahaa’” and it is from now charity for the cause of Allah. By it, I wish Allah’s rewards so dispense of it as you see fit.”
The Prophet (pbuh) replied, “Bakhin Bakhin*. That is profitable money, that is profitable money. I have heard what you said and I advise that you divide it among your close relatives.”**

“I shall O Prophet of Allah.” And Abu Talha divided his beloved garden “Bayrahaa’” among his needy relatives and cousins.

*An Arabic expression meaning “So great, so wonderful.”
**Here the wisdom of the Prophet (pbuh) is quite evident. His advice to divide the garden amongst relatives is meant to please the donor on one hand and protect him from possible future regrets when he sees a total stranger in possession of his dearest property.
Source: Tafseer Ibn Katheer; Bukhari and Muslim
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:03:27 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2004, 03:47:11 PM »

Rumaysa Bint Milhan was known for her excellent character, the power of her intellect and her independent attitude of mind. She was known by various names including Rumaysa and Ghumaysa, but these were possibly nicknames. One historian says that her real name was Sahlah but later she was popularly known as Umm Sulaym.
Umm Sulaym was first married to Malik Ibn an-Nadr and her son by this marriage was the famous Anas Ibn Malik, one of the great companions of the Prophet (pbuh).
Her husband, Malik, left the house one day furious that Rumaysa had embraced the holy religion of Islam and it is reported that he was set upon by an enemy of his and was killed.
When it was known that Umm Sulaym had become a widow, one man, Zayd Ibn Sahl, known as Abu Talhah, resolved to become engaged to her before anyone else did..
He was rather confident that Umm Sulaym would not pass him over for another. He was after all a strong and virile person who was quite rich and possessed an admired house. He was an accomplished horseman and a skillful archer and, moreover, he belonged to the same clan as Umm Sulaym, the Banu Najjar.
Abu Talhah proceeded to Umm Sulaym's house. On the way he recalled that she had been influenced by the preaching of Mus’ab Ibn Umayr and had become a Muslim.
"So what?" he said to himself. "Was not her husband who died a firm adherent of the old religion and was he not opposed to Muhammad and his mission?"
Abu Talhah reached Umm Sulaym's house. He asked and was given permission to enter. Her son Anas was present. Abu Talhah explained why he had come and asked for her hand in marriage.
"A man like you, Abu Talhah," she said, "is not easily turned away. But I shall never marry you while you are a kafir, a nonbeliever."
Abu Talhah thought she was trying to put him off and that perhaps she had already preferred someone wealthier and more influential. He said to her: "What is it that really prevents you from accepting me, Umm Sulaym? Is it the yellow and the white metals (gold and silver)?"
"Gold and silver?" she asked somewhat taken aback and in a slightly censuring tone.
"Yes," he said.
"I swear to you, Abu Talhah, and I swear to Allah and His Messenger that if you accept Islam, I shall be pleased to accept you as a husband, without any gold or silver. I shall consider your acceptance of Islam as my mahr (dowry)."
Abu Talhah understood well the implications of her words. His mind turned to the idol he had made from wood and on which he lavished great attention in the same way that important men of his tribe venerated and cared for their personal idols.
The opportunity was right for Umm Sulaym to stress the futility of such idol worship and she went on: "Don't you know Abu Talhah, that the god you worship besides Allah grew from the earth?"
"That's true," he said.
"Don't you feel stupid while worshipping part of a tree while you use the rest of it for fuel to bake bread or warm yourself? If you should give up these foolish beliefs and practices and become a Muslim, Abu Talhah, I shall be pleased to accept you as a husband and I would not want from you any dowry apart from your acceptance of Islam."
"Who shall instruct me in Islam?" asked Abu Talhah. "I shall," Umm Sulaym replied. "How?"
"Utter the declaration of truth and testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. Then go to your house, destroy your idol and throw it away."
Abu Talhah left and reflected deeply on what Umm Sulaym had said. He came back to her beaming with happiness.
"I have taken your advice to heart. I declare that there is no god but Allah and I declare that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah."

Umm Sulaym and Abu Talhah were married. Anas, her son, was pleased and the Muslims would say: "We have never yet heard of a mahr (dowry) that was more valuable and precious than that of Umm Sulaym, for she made Islam her mahr (dowry).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:03:57 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2004, 04:24:22 PM »

alaka shpunkia the laa uda ke gi ne,saba ba chartha kar ne kae, swat ke khu ba 1 baja ye, i have told you before why im here,biroaz gaar aadmi ka dimaagh shaithaan ka ghar hutha hae, why dont you do something there in swat intsead of just talking,like do some busness or something to keep you occupied,dont you know this section is about islam thats why i post things about islam here,is that simple enough,how comes your so pessimistic about things you should learn to be optimistic.                                                                                                         taken from www.sahaba.net
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:04:24 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2004, 10:51:29 AM »

Before the time when the Prophet Muhammad began to preach the word and the ways of Allah, there were many Arabs who preferred their sons to their daughters. When a daughter was born, many Arab fathers buried their daughter alive.
Sons were strong and could work hard. They could bring in great benefits to their parents and their family. But daughters, being girls, were weak (or so the Arabs thought). Not only were girls thought to be weak, but were considered as a nuisance and were a burden and an expense on a family.
One day, an Arab father went to the prophet and confessed a terrible crime..
This father had once been an idol worshipper, like all the Arabs before the Prophet Muhammad came among them and showed them the holy way of Islam. Before he became a Muslim, the Arab had a sweet little daughter
 One day, the Arab called to her and she ran to his side. He took her for a long walk and the girl skipped and hopped happily beside her father as they went along.
Before long, the father and his daughter came to a well. Suddenly, without warning, he grabbed her, lifted her up and threw her down the well. The little girl was frightened and cried out in terror, shrieking "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!"
 Her father refused to listen to her pleas and cries for help. He then threw a load of earth down the well to bury his daughter and went home and left her to die.
The Prophet (pbuh) was appalled when he heard what the father had done. His heart ached with sorrow. Tears welled up in his eyes and spilled down his face and into his beard. The Prophet wept so much that his face and beard became very wet and the hairs on his beard were all straggly with water.
 When his friends saw the Prophet (pbuh) weep like this, they felt their eyes, too, fill with tears but knew that it was right for the Prophet to shed so many tears for the poor little girls who had died such a horrible death. For had he not taught his people that they should love ALL children, both boys and girls? Had he not said: "Allah loves he who loves and looks after his family, especially girls?"

« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 01:05:01 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pukhtun*

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2004, 05:41:19 PM »

He was a young man who became a follower of Islam at the age of seventeen. He was greatly intrigued by the character of the Prophet pbuh and had a deep love for the Prophet pbuh. He also had a special keenness to learn and be a true follower of the Prophet pbuh. So he thought what is the best way to show my love for the Prophet pbuh and learn from him. He told himself “ilzamhu ya rabe’a” meaning oh Rabee’ah be with him all the time. Then he asked the Prophet pbuh if he would allow him to be his servant for free. The Prophet pbuh allowed him. By day he attended to the Prophet pbuh’s needs, then at night, he would think should I go home or stay here; maybe the Prophet pbuh will need something. So he spent every night on the doorstep of the Prophet pbuh’s house. The Prophet pbuh did not know this until he found him once in front of the door. He wanted to reward him for his keenness. He told him ask for anything and I will give it to u. He asked the Prophet for time to think in this great matter. He thought to himself, a single man maybe I will ask for a wife or maybe I will ask for this or that. Then he thought all these things are bound to fade. I must ask the Prophet pbuh for something everlasting. So the next day he came to the prophet and told him, “I ask to be your companion in heaven”. And the Prophet replied, “Then, fight your own desires and do a lot of prostration to Allah.”

Sahaba.net

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2004, 11:01:49 AM »

Assalam Alaikom brother nikpehkhel

Wow, those are indeed amazing stories. I like the fact that they are so short.

But dont you think it's a bit unethical and unislamic to snatch ALL those stories from a website without referencing out the name of the website?

Yes, Im the owner of Sahaba.net , and it was coincidence that I bumped into this forum to see many of the stories copied and pasted as they are, without putting the source. If it was one story, okay, but you're taking the whole lot  

Anyway, I hope you found them useful, and hope others found them useful too.
I hope anyone who reads us can come and help us out with Sahaba.net

Salam
Pukhtun*

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2004, 02:29:11 PM »

walaikum salaam ,anyway Allah will reward you! even though i have pasted them here,and  i will put your link with them to make you happy,i tried to send you some stories but i guess they might have been a bit long or something so you didnt upload them,hey your sight is very good and i have had it to my favourites for the past  a year,off course they have been usefull just look at how many people have read em!,ok any one who wants to read more,click on the link to go to sa7aba.net                                                             http://www.sa7aba.net/index.php
« Last Edit: December 25, 2004, 04:07:35 PM by nikpehkhel » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: